{decidedly weird}

 
                      photo credit

It seems that I have been challenged many times recently to leave my convictions and views at the doorstep in order to just join in with the "fun." Music, movies, flirting...the usual that young people are pressured to do. It has gotten me thinking of what I must do when challenged to leave the convictions that God has given me and follow peer pressure. What must my response be? I have a list. {i love lists}

Believe it ~ John 6:68-69
Honor it ~ Job 23:12
Love it ~ Psalm 119:97
Obey it ~ 1 John 12:5
Guard it ~ 1 Timothy 6:20
Fight for it ~ Jude 3
Preach it ~ 2 Timothy 4:2
Study it ~ Ezra 7:10

Perseverance... keeps honor bright:  to have done is to hang quite out of fashion, like a rusty nail in monumental mockery.  ~William Shakespeare

What a wonderful thing it is to stick out like a sore thumb and persevere in this! 

 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. {Hebrews 12:1 }

Indeed I am resolved to not forget what God has taught me through His Word and simply follow mere men. I must flee, and flee completely. 

I will be a sore thumb, a rusty nail, or as Beth Moore once said, "I will be weird for Jesus!"



Comments

  1. Great words, Kaytch! Good reminder and encouragement to stand strong! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Word of God I think of as a straight edge, which shows up our own crookedness. We can't really tell how crooked our thinking is until we line it up with the straight edge of Scripture. ~ E. Elliot

What we say affects our eternal destiny.

Please comment with these in mind, and I look forward to your encouraging and edifying comments!

Popular Posts