called to fly




{the ever~captivating Jerusalem hills}

Coming home from a trip is always an emotional transition for me. I think God gives me a vision for priorities to pursue, and I am overwhelmed with the desire to do them, but smacked in the face with the realization that action and extreme patience is required. This is the steady climb of flight from this world to Home. 
Instead of slowly advancing with careful and holy eyes, the temptation is to charge into the unknown with nothing but an attempt to take everything in, cramming all of life into today, missing the beauty and joy of God's timing to His will. I am not called to cram, to always be busy, to always be right, to always be waiting for the next take~off.

I am called:
out of darkness (1 Pet. 2:9)
to belong to Jesus (Rom.1:6)
through the gospel (2 Thess. 2:14)
to be a saint (Rom. 1:7)
according to His purpose (Rom. 8:28)
to His grace (Gal. 1:15)
to one hope (Eph. 4:14)
to live in peace (1 Cor.7:15)
to be holy (1 Cor.1:2)
to His eternal glory (1 Pet.5:10)

Am I so busy enjoying the exhilaration of takeoff, the excitement of turbulence, the free peanuts and apple juice...that I am falling short in preparing to land? Am I making the right course of flight to face my Pilot ~ my Father God? Am I taking the long stretches of routine activity with imagination, patience, and quiet grace?

God asks for each of us to come into cruising altitude unlike the rest; the Christian walk is to be at a steady climb as He has called each of us to fly in pursuit of seeing our Pilot face to face. This is obvious to those who see the "dust of His feet," and look with longing at the beautiful blue sky. For we know that "the heavens declare the glory of God!" If this is a brief display of His majesty, what reason would I ever be enticed by just a glimpse, when I can see it, and one day have it ~ all for myself?!



"I press on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus...let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained." {Phil. 3:14,16}

 ~ Kaytra ~

Comments

  1. Thank you, Kaytra! You reminded me that I am not called to a life others will envy; nor am I called to envy other's! I needed that in my "clean-the-house-care-for-kids" day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Word of God I think of as a straight edge, which shows up our own crookedness. We can't really tell how crooked our thinking is until we line it up with the straight edge of Scripture. ~ E. Elliot

What we say affects our eternal destiny.

Please comment with these in mind, and I look forward to your encouraging and edifying comments!

Popular Posts