He never let go.


I have failed to follow. Running away, I have let go of Your hand. 
My choice is shallow, the sin marking my face from the dirty splash.
No one is looking, but I feel Your eyes. 
Running trails down my face, the evil deed has burned me. I am marred.
I cannot raise my eyes to Yours, but my hand lets go of the burning choice.
I close my eyes, lift my face, and raise my clasped hands to you.
 Hoping, fearing, that I might be rescued.
But I feel no relief, no balm to soothe my guilt so deep. I can bear it no longer. This small deviation has turned into a life-sucking whirlpool. 
I kneel in the slime of my choice, fix my gaze on You, and say, "please."
"I want this no more. Please, Father. I choose You."
My eyes fill with tears, coursing down and over my scars. They disappear. 
The pain turns into my Father's loving touch as His hand once again, takes mine. 
In fact... He had never let go.



But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. {Deuteronomy 4:29}




Comments

Post a Comment

The Word of God I think of as a straight edge, which shows up our own crookedness. We can't really tell how crooked our thinking is until we line it up with the straight edge of Scripture. ~ E. Elliot

What we say affects our eternal destiny.

Please comment with these in mind, and I look forward to your encouraging and edifying comments!

Popular Posts